Toluene.

Also known as toluol, methyl benzol, methylbenzene or phenylmethane. Toluene is used as a solvent and can be found in antifreeze, gasoline, adhesives, nail polish, shoe polish, detergents, spot removers, medicine and cosmetics.

Overexposure symptoms can range from mild to severe, even death. Toluene can enter the body through inhalation, ingestion or skin absorption.

Inhalation: confusion, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, vertigo, nausea, coughing, wheezing, headache, hearing/vision impairment to permanent brain damage, damage to kidney, liver and heart, delusions, hallucinations, depression, unconsciousness, or death.

Skin Contact: irritation to skin or eyes, dry skin, rash, dermatitis. Can be absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream- in large amounts will result in same symptoms as ingestion or inhalation.

Ingestion: vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, internal bleeding, damage to body tissue and organs, ataxia, severe organ damage, coma, convulsions, or death.

Although Toluene is not classified as a human carcinogen, it is a class 3 hazardous chemical (high human health risk)