Sodium hypochlorite.

Also known as 'Chlorine bleach' or as my grandmother used to call it, 'Javel water.' It has a long history in cleaning. First discovered in Javel, France in 1785 by passing chlorine gas through a solution of sodium chloride, methods of production have changed significantly. Sodium Hypochlorite is used in many household products including laundry bleaches, hard surface cleaners, disinfectants, and drain cleaners. Industrial uses include, water treatment facilities for chlorination, paper and fabric mills for bleaching, dairy manufacturers use it for sanitization.

There are many symptoms from overexposure to Sodium Hypochlorite.

Inhalation: coughing, vomiting, stomach pain, chest pain, nasal irritation, sore throat, narrowing/swelling of the esophagus, holes in body tissue, internal bleeding, delirium, coma.
Skin Contact: In small amounts: skin irritation. In large amounts: burns, blisters, redness, swelling, bleeding, permanent tissue damage, scarring.
Eye Contact: mild irritation to retinitis or permanent damage

The MSDS indicates Sodium Hypochlorite as a risk group 3 chemical - high human risk; can cause serious human disease. **Extreme Warning: NEVER mix Chlorine Bleach with ammonia-based products** This produces Chlorine Gas, which is highly toxic to humans. At 1000 part per million a few deep breaths can be fatal.